Apache Tasseled Bag with White Opal
This luxurious version of our signature Apache Tasseled Bag is a uniquely Australian composition.
Made of velvet soft suede in warm shades of light sand with softly flowing tassels, the bag is embellished with hand carved & hand dyed leather panels featuring our signature Eagle Feather carving and elegant stamping. The lined strap is a large hand tooled leather feather. Inlaid carefully into the leather panel on the front of the bag is a large natural white opal.
This stunning gemstone, shimmering with electric green and vibrant purple, comes from Coober Peady, South Australia. It has been carefully hand carved by Byron Bay based Opal artist Isaac Andreou, whose family has been working with Opals for generations. The purple in the stone, which is natural class, forms in sandstone and the sandstone matrix has been preserved with the gem as an artistic cabochon specimen.
- Suede bag with long tassels
- Hand tooled vegetable tan decorative leather panels
- Individually handpicked White Opal inlaid into the panel on the front
- Moonstone inlaid into the leather strap
- Roomy inside with a handy, easily accessible pocket
- Solid brass nickel plated fittings including a three piece Western style buckle
- The bag comes with a detachable tasselled feather clip with howlite beads
- Dimensions: 33cm x 30cm
- Strap on shortest setting: 100cm, on longest setting: 118cm
All of the feathers used in Buffalo Girl products are from certified feather dealers and found when out exploring the trail.
This unique piece has been individually handcrafted by Terry in our Byron Bay studio from carefully sourced materials to original Buffalo Girl design.